We’re an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
You can learn how to open a Payoneer account in Kenya easily. Payoneer is a digital payment service for online money transfers. It was created with the aim of managing international payments between business entities from different countries. It offers a variety of services.
It is used by thousands of employees who get paid in over 65 currencies and 180 countries around the world. Some of its main customers include Uber, Airbnb, Linked In, Pinterest etc., thanks to partnerships with companies such as Klarna, Stripe, and Paypal.
However, Payoneer comes with different costs attached to it like membership costs $49 per month or $499 per year. This membership fee is non-refundable. You can also get charged a fee for issuing or loading your card with Payoneer, and so on.
How to Open a Payoneer Account in Kenya
Learning how to create a Payoneer account in Kenya is fairly easy, but you’ll need to have an international bank account in order to do so. The steps below will guide you through the process.
You can get started with Payoneer by heading to the Payoneer sites.
i. Click on the ” Sign Up Now! ” button above.
ii. Once you click that button, you’ll be taken to a screen where it says “Enter your email address”. Enter your email in that spot and then tap next.
iii. You will then be prompted to enter your password for the new account as well as confirm it.
iv. After entering your password twice tap continue to move forward.
v. On this same page is where you set up an additional security question and answer for added security purposes.
vi. Once you’ve done so, tap the “Create an Account” button. Once you do that your account will be created and you’ll officially have a Payoneer account!
Now that you have your Payoneer account set, you need to link it to your international bank account. This will be a tedious step, but it’s necessary in order to get your money from Payoneer.
Linking Your Payoneer Account to Your International Bank Account
1. Tap on the “Payments” tab up at the top of your page.
2. From there you’ll then tap on the green plus sign.
3. You’ll then be asked to select the bank account that you want to link to Payoneer and where you have an international bank account.
4. Fill out the information as best as possible. I’d recommend putting your name in every field so that it is easier for when payday comes around. You’ll want to verify that it’s the bank account you are trying to link so check your recent transactions/bank balance on this new screen.
5. Once everything is good and verified, just tap on “Link Account.”
By finishing that you would have not only created a Payoneer account but you will also have been able to use it effectively without any problems at all. Now that you know how to create a Payoneer account in Kenya, all that is left is learning how to use it.
How to Deposit Money in Payoneer
If you’ve been wondering how to deposit money in Payoneer, just follow the following steps:
a. Log on to your Payoneer account and look for the “Balance” button on the homepage.
b. Once on the Balance tab, click on the top left corner to go to your Profile Account page.
c. Select the option “Deposit Funds” from the drop-down menu and follow further instructions.
Note: If this is your first time depositing funds through a Payoneer account you will have to allow it some days before proceeding with the deposit because by default there is a transaction limit of $1,000 daily for New Accounts.
How to Withdraw Funds from Your Payoneer Account
To withdraw funds from your Payoneer account all you have to do is follow this few simple steps:
a. Log in to your account and choose Withdrawal.
b. Then select the type of currency you want to transfer if it is not yet loaded you can use others currencies that other members have deposited in your Payoneer account. However, this shouldn’t be a problem as it is updated very often.
c. Once selected just enter an amount of money and press submit!
It’s that easy!! Using Payoneer comes with a few steps that make using the platform for both beginners and people used to it.
How to Apply for a Card for Payoneer?
Knowing how to open a Payoneer account in Kenya serves will serve you well if you could take advantage of all its features, like having a Payoneer card. Having a card will make things a lot easier for transactions and other payments that you have to make all over the globe.
The Payoneer card must be topped up with at least $10.00, in order to send money from it. Another cost that comes with a Payoneer card is that you will be charged if you use it for in-store purchases such as at a coffee shop or even grocery store.
To get your Payoneer card, follow the following steps:
a. Fill in your credit card information and verify it. This is vital since it proves you are a real person as opposed to someone who just made an account for fun.
b. Confirm your email address by clicking the link that was sent.
c. After verifying your details, you will also be prompted for Tax ID credentials.
d. After going through the above process, the account will be verified and a pin number will be sent to you in the mail within 3 days of signing up!
This can be done in less than 5 minutes just with your name, email ID, and other details that they require to create an account. After creating an account on Payoneer, just click on ‘get paid’
How to activate your Payoneer Master Card in Kenya
Having learned how to open a Payoneer account in Kenya and now you want to activate your Payoneer master card in Kenya, just follow these steps;
a. Log into your account on the Payoneer website.
b. Now, click on ‘Activate’ to receive a PIN number via email.
c. After you have received the pin number in your mail, enter it in the box provided and click continue
d. You will now be asked for details such as the name of Issuer Bank
e. Next, just fill out all other necessary information such as a full physical address, phone numbers (home/cellular), date of birth, and others.
f. Finally, click on verify to complete activation of your card!
Why Get a Payoneer MasterCard
The Payoneer master card is vital for several reasons.
1. You can easily pay for goods or services within Kenya, without the need to supply your card details. Just remember that all these need to be used together for optimum performance!
2. You can now have 2 bank accounts, one local and the other a worldwide account you can access from anywhere in Kenya.
3. Also, the Payoneer master card is accepted by hundreds of online retailers and businesses, making it an unbeatable e-commerce card.
4. Payoneer master cards are just like Visa or MasterCard. You can use them online to make purchases or in shops and ATMs around the world for physical goods and services.
5. If you register for Payoneer WebMoney international money transfer you’ll receive your card almost instantly! Depending on your country.
Pros and Cons of Payoneer
- Payoneer MasterCard works in 155 countries
- You can transfer money from Payoneer to your local bank
- You can receive payments from major global platforms such as Paypal, Skrill and more
- Payoneer allows you to receive payments through check
- It’s a preferred choice for freelancers worldwide
- Efficient customer support
- It’s difficult to get a debit card
Pros of Payoneer
1. Payoneer MasterCard works in 155 countries and it has been used by over 2 million people worldwide.
2. Payoneer allows you to transfer money to your local bank account or a Payoneer card and withdraw from ATMs around the world, which means you can get cash at ATM machines all over the world without having to worry about exchanging currencies and paying fees.
3. You will be able to receive payments globally through different online platforms like PayPal, Skrill (Moneybookers), Amazon Payments, Google Checkout, and more! You’ll also be able to use wire transfers.
4. If you are one of those who likes getting paid with checks, Payoneer won’t let you down as they have an option for that too!
5. Payoneer account allows you to receive money from any of the 46 countries that are part of their network. The only exception here is American Express which can be used in 29 countries throughout Europe, Asia, and Canada.
6. Payoneer is a preferred choice for freelancers around the world as it provides payments options in local currencies to customers who prefer not to get paid with PayPal or credit cards.
7. It also offers fast gateway services and efficient customer support. They’re definitely there to help you so take advantage!
Cons of Payoneer
1. Payoneer does not provide a debit card unless you’re an online business and can produce $100,000 in sales.
2. But if you ask me, this is not really a problem as there are other services out there that offer free Payoneer cards including CryptoPay and Mistertango. Just make sure to research first on the fees they charge for withdrawing money from ATMs before signing up, as well as Mistertango card limits.
3. Another con I noticed was that Payoneer does not have any affiliate program. I guess this made it difficult for people who want to earn some extra income by recommending their service to others.
WANT A CHANCE TO MAKE SOME EXTRA CASH? HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL QUICK LINKS FOR YOU!
💡 Start your own blog with blue host for ONLY $2.95/Month – Free Domain offered
💡 Start generating content faster using Copy Writing AI aka Jarvis
💡 Start proofreading for money [Get paid up to 5$/Word]
💡Learn NEW and Exciting skills on skillshare and start making (Tons of small courses)!!
⭐Get alternative course platform with dirt-cheap courses. Sign up on Udemy
⭐Start earning from doing surveys on Swagbucks
⭐Start buying and selling bitcoin from the comfort of your home with Paxful
⭐Start trading forex with these 7 Kenyan regulated forex brokers
Does Payoneer Work with M-Pesa?
The goal of Payoneer is to enable members from all over the world to transact business and send money anywhere and anytime. Therefore, their services work within Kenya as well.
In addition to depositing via M-Pesa, you can also use an agent that accepts deposits or withdrawals in cash via Visa Card for your deposits/withdrawals. But note that this will attract a small fee of Kshs 5 per transaction.
Payoneer’s MasterCard is linked directly to members’ accounts with Payoneer which means it gives them flexibility when they want to make transactions using their card, even if they do not have much money in their accounts but are able to collect some funds via way of cash deposit into the MasterCard from selected agents.
Can You Earn with Payoneer?
You can earn with Payoneer by inviting your friends to join Payoneer. You will get an additional $5 when they activate their card with a minimum of $10 in it. This sign-up bonus is for a lifetime and can be withdrawn as soon as you’ve added funds to your MasterCard (Payoneer’s online currency).
You can also earn by completing offers that are available on the website, especially if you have just signed up with Payoneer. These offers include searching using Google, viewing websites, etc but may require some time before you can withdraw any earnings you make from them.
Mistertango Card Limits
Mistertango card limits are as follows: The maximum card load limit per day is 10,000 Euros. Maximum balance at any time and maximum monthly amount is 10,000 Euros. These mistertango card limits apply for the light account.
Which companies Work with Payoneer?
Some of the companies that work with Payoneer include Amazon Associates, Apple, Burger King, eBay, Groupon, and Uber.
If you are just starting out online and work with any of these companies or platforms as a buyer/seller or merchant, I highly recommend getting a Payoneer account.
This means that you can withdraw your earnings legitimately without worrying about transfer limits and other restrictions depending on the country you are in. You’ll also get extra cash for setting up a Payoneer card (up to $5).
Payoneer Kenya Contacts
Stuck with your Payoneer account and you are wondering how you could reach the company? The Payoneer customer care contacts are given below and they are ever active.
· Email: CustomerServiceManager@Payoneer.com
· Phone : 1-888-907-6560
· Log in to your account and live chat with customer care.
Payoneer can be rated as being among the best digital payment in existence for several reasons obviously. The company has grown and has been among the most dominant forces in the world right now.
Overall, Payoneer is not only fast and effective but it is also safe. With its 24/7 customer support then you know that nothing can go wrong with it. It’s a great way to keep your money safe while allowing you to use it locally and internationally.